Answers to most Frequently Asked Questions
- I have received the SK Education STUDY TOOLs. How do I activate the SK Education subscription in my PC which is connected to the internet
All the products are pre-activated from the company, Just insert and use.
- I have received the SK Education STUDY TOOLs. How do I activate the SK Education subscription in my PC which is NOT connected to the internet?
All the products are offline devices, they do not require Internet
- I have opted for online download and No-STUDY TOOL-shipment. How to I start accessing my content ?
Now get an access to your subscribed content by following the simple steps as below:
1.log into the website with your registered email ID.
2.Click in “Subscription.
3.Click on “Activate” mentioned under “Pending Subscription”.
4.Click on “Free trial” to either view your subscription online or download it.
I formatted my computer or my SK Education got deleted. How to restore it back?
In that case kindly call us we will be able to reactivate your device at zero cost if within the validity period (You may require Internet connection here), else you can send us your pen drive to our address for a replacement. – Kindly read the replacement terms.
- What is a subscription?
- Subscription to a package in SK Education means making a payment and getting access to the complete version of a learning package.
- What are the packages available for subscription?
- We have packages available for CBSE. ICSE and State board classes from Class 1 to Class 12.
- Can I try out a package without subscribing?
- Yes, you can register in our website and enjoy 1 full Chapter explanation for free, later purchase the full product from us.
- What’s the difference between the trial version and the subscribed version?
- The trial version of SK Education would carry lessons and tests just like a complete package however it will be valid only for 7 days / you may have full access to limited chapters of the subject. Upon subscription you would get access to the complete content of a particular package and will come with the validity.
- How do I make the payment?
- We have various online and offline payment options. You can choose to pay using either Credit Cards / Debit Cards / Net Banking / Bank Transfer / Cheque / Demand Drafts / Cash on Delivery etc.
- How secure is the payment that I make through your website?
- We have taken extra care to ensure that all financial transactions through our website are secure and trust worthy. To ensure this, we have partnered with a leading global authority of SSL certifications PayTM and PayPal.
- How do I get the content after I have made payment?
- You will receive the product automatically from our company within 7 days of receiving the payment in our accounts.
- Is there a validity period or an expiry date of a subscribed content?
- Yes, each package comes with an expiry date. Please confirm the validity period of the package you are subscribing to by checking the ‘Details’ of the package / speaking to our agent.
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- No. A package once subscribed cannot be cancelled.
- How do I join SK Education?
- To become a member of SK Education.com, go to the “Home” page, choose a username and password, and enter your information. Then click the “Join now” button and you’re done.
- Why should I join SK Education.com?
- SK Education is a comprehensive learning platform for both Parents and Children, you will have regular newsletter and also latest blogs will be updated regularly.
- I am not a student! Can I register at SK Education.com?
- Yes. SK Education.com is for students, teachers, parents and you.
- How much does it cost to join SK Education?
- It is FREE to register an account with SK Education. Moreover, you can also download as well as view the SK Educationapplication for free.
- I forgot my password. What should I do?
- If you have forgotten you password you can request for a password reset mailer to be sent to your registered email address.
- How do I change my password?
- To change your password, login to your SK Education account in the website and click on the ‘Profile’ link. There you will find a link to change your password.
- What is SK Education?
- SK Education is a computer based learning solution to study your entire syllabus from home. It is a virtual teacher of your own who takes classes, explains concepts, clears doubts, prepares you for exams and helps you score higher in exams and all this at your comfort and convenience from home.
- What is a Profile?
- ‘Profile’ is your personal information page. Please make sure that your profile page is updated correctly. It would help us identify your learning needs and offer you just the services that suits your requirement.
- How can I create my profile?
- Your profile at SK Education is immediately created with the details you have selected while registering an account with us. However, you can later visit the ‘Profile’ page and update more details.
- What are the minimum system requirements for running SK Education?
- – PC with Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7.
- – Optional Internet Connection
- – Speakers, built-in or separate
- – Computer with at least a 1GHz processor and 512 MB RAM
- – Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- – Recommended color depth of 32bits
- – 200 mb of minimum hard disk space for the application and the sample packages
- – Maximum hard disk space required depends on the number of packages subscribed
- If you are trying to download the software on a network, you require permission from the network administrator.
If you are using either a Pendrive or DVD then you do not need any special hpermissions.
- If you face any problem in using the software or feel anything is wrong, kindly call us at the earliest and follow the steps advised, else you may have to visit a nearest Pendrive Manufacturer and give us a call, we can help you in re installing the software onto your Pendrive.
- How does the software work?
- The software gives you easy access to all your subscribed content including the special features like Self Evaluation tool and Games in the software. All of these great features are arranged in a user friendly interface.
- What are the advantages of SK Education offline?
- Once you have purchased, you would be able to access all the features of the software without having to connect to the internet. The software would work as a stand-alone application when offline but it would automatically download the necessary updates whenever you connect to the internet.
- How do I see what lessons are available?
- Select the language of your choice in the top left. Select the respective class of your choice and Select the subject from the Right top of the screen. You should be able to play the complete content.
- What are the different sections in each lesson?
- Each lesson has various aspects of learning such as Introduction, Objective, Lesson explanation, Summary, Exercises, Experiments, Examples, Did You Know and MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
- What is a slide?
- A slide is a single screen of a lesson explanation.
- How do I move to the next slide?
- Each lesson has a play control. Just click the next arrow button to move to the next slide.
- Can I adjust the volume?
- Yes. You can do this by clicking the Volume control panel either on SK Education slides or at the task bar on your desktop.
- Can I go to any section in a lesson without completing the lesson?
- Yes. You can navigate to any section without completing the lesson.
- What are reports?
- Reports are the collective results of your course coverage and overall performance.
- What kinds of reports are available?
- There are three kinds of reports available. The first gives the details of Course coverage, the second is a Test progress and the third is about your overall performance.
- What is the benefit of these reports?
- Reports help you recognize the areas that require improvement and help improve your overall performance.
- How is my performance calculated?
- SK Education uses an advanced method to calculate performance. Each test is designed with specific questions that are based on comprehension, knowledge and application, which help us calculate your overall performance very accurately.
- How do I know the answers?
- Soon after you answer any question, the right or wrong is displayed instantly.
- Can I retake a test which I have already taken?
- Yes. You can retake your test as many times as you want.
- Can I mark any question in a test for review?
- No. You can’t mark any question[s] for review.
- What is percentile?
- A percentile is the calculation of your performance in relation to others who have taken the same test.
- Can I update my percentile?
- Yes. You can update your percentile using the ‘refresh’ icon.
- Can I view previous attempts of the same test?
- Yes. This information is always available to you on the test summary page.
- How many times can I attempt a test?
- You can attempt a test as many times as you want.